question

wudycool avatar image
wudycool asked

possible to change 48/10000-110 to 230 Volt?

Hello, i moved from usa to germany and still have a 48/10000-110v and a 24/5000-110v.

Is it possible to change them to 230v?
i hope its only changing the firmware and the toroidal transformer ?

in my layman's understanding of how electrical thinks i think in the end the battery converted dc to ac 48 volts for the 48 models gets transformed to ~110 via transformer... so if you change the software and the transformer in the end of the line it should work right?

i dont know how the inputs work. this could be tricky, but i am already happy if i get dc to ac 230v.

Thanky you for your information i could not find any in my last hour research ;)

ps:
i know Autotransformer exists. but i only 28a... so not enough for the 10000... and if i like to use the grid i need two,... so very expensive modification ;)

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This would not be economically viable and not really possible.
The uneconomical part would be changing the logic board (because 26xxyyy firmware would not load onto a board with 27xxyyy firmware), power transformers and AC board - maybe more than that.
The also calibration data is stored on the microcontroller. If swapping logic PCB then the calibration data could be transferred by a repair centre, but when you have already changed 80% of the parts then new calibration is needed to write calibration data for what is essentially a new unit. This is done at the factory, so not really possible to do.

Much better to sell the 110V units and use the money to offset the cost of the 230V units.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic