question

allen-dengler avatar image
allen-dengler asked

Victron and Fronius AC Couple

I am aware that there is a 1 to 1 rule for a Fronius AC couple, I understand that you shouldn't put a larger Fronius than Victron, but can I put a smaller Fronius than the Victron. I have a 15KVA Victron system and I would like to add a 5KVA Fronius as the AC Couple connected to the AC1 output. Would this be a problem as you don't get a 15KVA single phase Fronius and the roof space I have for the panels for the Fronius is not large, it can take 12~18 535watt panels

Froniusquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

No problem with the smaller Fronius inverter. The 1:1 rule gives you the MAX solar inverter size - the Victron inverter needs to be able to absorb the total output from the solar inverter, in the case where there are no other ac loads.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

No problem with smaller Fronius, but do not forget to load PV inverter assistant (or ESS assistant) for frequency shift control of Fronius by Victron charger.

2 |3000