question

Alexander Breitenbach avatar image
Alexander Breitenbach asked

What type of FTDI chip is used in MK3 usb interface? VCP or D2XX

The Linux VictronConnect software is not able to detect any Multiplus II. I checked the USB device and found FTDI. The linux kernel includes ftdi drivers.

Because the software does not recognize one of the three MULTILPUS II might it be possible that the MK3-USB is stuffed with an D2XX chip. isn't it?

Or what are I am doing wrong using the software and the interface? Do I have to use a standard Ethernet patch cable?

MK3linuxdriver
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@gabreitenbach

Are they all on the same firmware? By not recognizing one are you referring to stand alone or in the set?

If they are connected in three phase and one not recognized we would usually check the data connection between the units.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexander Breitenbach avatar image
Alexander Breitenbach answered ·

I got it.

It is the standard FTDI-chip and a VCP-Driver has to be used. That is part of the Linux-Kernel and has not to be changed. In general the device used for the USB-MK3-Interface is /dev/ttyUSB0 and to prepare the use one has to add the user of the VictronConnect to the group "dialout": use a Linux Terminal and

type: sudo gpasswd --add 'your username' dialout (enter)

Afterwards you have to logout as user from that Linux-session and login again. Than you can run the VictronConnectxxxx.appimage clicking or doublecklicking on it (make sure you set the mode of the file to runable).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic