question

joe-f avatar image
joe-f asked

AC Coupling with Fronius IG Plus A 11.4-3 Delta

Hello all,

I live in the US and am asking this question for my father who has the stated inverter and would like to add AC coupling to his grid-tied system so that it will work when the grid power is disconnected.

Is this possible with this unit?

Any idea what hardware would be best to add to make this work?

I have read this post:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/24688/victron-to-fronius-ig-plus.html

and understand that this inverter may not have the appropriate software installed - is there any way to confirm that? (I'm assuming I need to contact the manufacture directly, but I'll ask anyhow)

AC PV CouplingFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
joe-f avatar image
joe-f answered ·

So... according to this document (and the previously linked post), these type of UL inverters are not supported by Victron and don't have the MG 50/60 configurations. Is this something that is limited to the firmware? or is the inverter hardware also not compatible? Does Victron sell anything that can help me add battery backup and PV charging with my 12kw system? DC Coupling perhaps?

Fronius recommends using their newer "SnapINverter" instead... which may mean avoiding the AC coupling all together if we need to buy a new inverter. If that ends up being the case, we can configured differently and find one that consolidates both functions.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.