question

Robert avatar image
Robert asked

Cerbo GX analog input and programmable digital output

Hello, i want to install a few Victron products in my Worktruck.

I have a question about a Cerbo GX, a temperature Sensor and the Cyrix Li-Ct Relay.

I want to protect my 24V 110A Alternator from overheating.

Target:

If the temperature in the Alternator is too high, the Cyrix Relay should open and diconnect Generator/Batterybank 1 (AGM) from Batterybank 2 (Lifepo4)

And connect again when the temperature is cool down.

If this possible with an analog input form a additional temperature sensor wich is connected to the Cerbo GX and a programmable digital output of the Cerbo GX to the Cyrix?

(The BMS can disconnect and connect the Cyrix as well, thats the reason it should work)

A DC/DC Bosster or a temperatur controlled Alternator is the right thing for that, but i can´t find a bidirectional DC/DC Booster and the Balmar Alternator is too expensive.

Why i need a bidirectional solution?I have two power sources.

A Charger when i´m on the construction side and DC-Alternator when i´m on the way to work or home.

To charge i use a Skylla-i 80A for the Lifepo4.

2x 24V 200Ah Batteries parallel

My Truck have 2x 12V 260Ah AGM in series with a standart Alternator.

Or did you have another idea?

Best regards Robert

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

also BE carefull DO not discounect the main alternator power - or you could damage the alternator with a hi voltage spike (as if its hot then its working hard and its outputting hi amps), control the alternators field control circuit thus turning it off, If the alternator is internally regulated then you will have to disassemble it and modify the field circuit. it maybe better to install a wakespeed ws 500 external regulator. as this has the alternator high temp control disconnect all ready built in

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, a comment from the sideline (I can't help in more detail with this):

for such safety feature, I wouldn't use a Cerbo GX. Instead go for something a lot more simple, like clixon wired directly into the control wires of the Cyrix. See Google for Clixon, or bi-metals.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robert avatar image
Robert answered ·

Hello, thank you for the answer.

@mvader (Victron Energy) I controlled more thing in my truck with a Siemens S7 CPU.

It's no problem for my.

I just thought, the Cerbo can do this as well.

@Paul B

The information with the LFP cut of is good.

I don't know, is in this case the AGM still connected Batteries not a good "safety feature".

Cut of heavy load is the same like using a electric winch.

Or not?

Don't blame me. I'm not a professional.

Best regards Robert

2 |3000