question

radu-cernat avatar image
radu-cernat asked

Multiplus 3000 12v 16A cracking sound when using 850w espresso machine

Hi, victron community! After doing research online for a couple of days and also contacting the distributor that sold it to me, i still didn’t get a defenitive answer on the safety of the sound my multiplus does.

My system is made of a 12v 3000w 16A multiplus, 2x100ah victron superpacks, 810w solar, 50A victron charger, venus gx, smart shunt and a battery protect. I have had no issues, until i used an espresso machine, 850w, peak may be double. i used it with no other load, and it’s within the battery discharge maximum 2x50A(2 parallel batteries). When the water is heating, and pulling around 800w, there are no issues. But when the water pump starts and coffee is dripping normally, the multiplus does a really loud, fast, repeating cracking sound. I will attach a video from the caravan, with the coffee maker and the cracking sound the inverter does. I stopped using the coffee maker since.

there is also this page that says something about some keuring machines, but it’s the only resource i’ve found. I. Here is the link

https://amsolar.com/rv-inverters-chargers/99-vt2000kit

My seller, official victron distributor, assured me it’s normal. i do not trust their expertise after having to convince them to follow the manual directions. Like using 2x50mm2 between battery and inverter, just like the manual says, instead of 1x25mm2, and many more regarding safety switches and lack of good practice in general… not to mention they paired my superpacks in series at first, which the manual says is forbidden, just to try to upsell a new victron inverter that was 24v system… if i didn’t insist them calling another dealer, they could have ruined the batteries… or they did and they don’t show it it.

back to the problem, Loud cracking when using espresso machine. What to do?

this it the model. if you use chrome, you can google translate the whole page in your language.

https://www.emag.ro/espressor-heinner-850-w-1-5-l-15-bar-filtru-dublu-din-inox-negru-argintiu-hem-850bksl/pd/DH9XV6BBM/?cmpid=86943&gclid=CjwKCAjwpMOIBhBAEiwAy5M6YBmz1ocfBzTNfoe8lULjlFK6KN_gKBVWVWVLGqkmo4M4-HLjkdjhXhoCwo8QAvD_BwE

thank you for reading my post. I hope i will find an answer

Multiplus-IISuperPack
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic