question

embthree avatar image
embthree asked

MK3-USB Causes laptop to reboot

Connecting the MK3 to USB cable to the USB port on my computer causes the computer to reboot. It will continue this reboot cycle until the MK3 to USB is removed. Any other USB cable plugged into the computer does not cause this problem.

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Can you test the MK3 on another PC/laptop?

If the same happens on a second PC it could be a defective MK3.

If it works an the second PC the fit maybe have a driver problem.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

embthree avatar image embthree commented ·
Thanks. l thought of that. I have only apple products. I have borowed three PC's so far. One was so old it didn't work, one was on a corproate account and could not load the Victron Configure program and the third was the one that reboots. I'll keep looking.
0 Likes 0 ·
rmaddy avatar image rmaddy embthree commented ·

Does the MK3 work with your Mac? You can run VictronConnect and connect to the MK3. You can use your Mac to run VEConfig too if you use CrossOver. See https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/3404/how-do-i-use-ve-configure-with-a-mac.html?childToView=86585#answer-86585

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem rmaddy commented ·

VictronConnect is now pretty capable. It can even configure a system of up to 3 VE.Bus inverter/chargers. (parallel or 2-3 phase systems). It does not support assistants, virtual switch, VE.Bus BMS, and a couple of other limitations

For these more complex situations, VE.Configure also runs fine under Parallels on my Mac. It's another option but costs more than CrossOver, but if you have it and a copy of Windows already...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic