question

robertsonics avatar image
robertsonics asked

Confused about Multiplus remote switching capability

I want to able to turn on/off the inverter of my Multiplus 12/3000 by some means other than the front panel switch, which is hard to reach under normal circumstances. I discovered that the H remote switch terminal block is disabled for this feature when the Multi is connected to a VE.Bus BMS, which mine is. I purchased the VE.Bus Smart Dongle thinking that this would give me inverter on/off control from the Connect app, but while I can monitor the Multiplus this way, the on/off control for the inverter doesn't appear in the app. Is this supposed to work?

I don't really want a whole control panel. What I want is either a simple remote switch or control via bluetooth to turn on/off the inverter.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
whynotrv avatar image
whynotrv answered ·

d1651254-b63d-4a4a-8f1b-8b54dbe0b4c8.jpegIn the app you should see a little toggle switch looking thing. You click that and it should give you the options

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robertsonics avatar image
robertsonics answered ·

See, that's the thing... The app doesn't show that control, and in the settings panel, the mode option is grayed out, i.e. not available. From what I've read, if you have a VE.Bus BMS, the Smart Dongle becomes severely limited, and is basically display only.

2 |3000

whynotrv avatar image
whynotrv answered ·

I have mine setup differently so I am not 100 percent sure, however, have you checked the multiplus settings in veconfigure? I believe there is somewhere in there talking about the remote overide...

2 |3000