question

raid23 avatar image
raid23 asked

Adding second battery to MPPT 75/15 disables load output

I'm using 2x100W panels with a MPPT 75/15 controller to feed a 105Ah lead acid deep cycle battery and a fridge.

Everything works just fine, but as the fridge tends to consume more energy than a battery can store, on cloudy days it gets empty.

Then I had a thought to connect the starter battery (100Ah lead acid) also to the setup in order to switch it to the circuit on cloudy days when having longer distances to cover. Wiring the batteries in parallel went just fine and charging the secondary battery (that is mainly charged on solar) seems to work, but, unfortunately, right after I connect the two batteries, VictronConnect app shows that load output state is set to OFF and there's no possibility to switch it on.

I understand it's some kind of safety measure in order to avoid short circuits orsth, but what could be possibly wrong here? Having two ~100Ah lead acid batteries behind such controller in parallel shouldn't be such rare case, or what I'm missing here?

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic