question

casper avatar image
casper asked

What happens to Fronius Ohmpilot with Victron setup when grid is down

Hello everyone,

I have not been able to find the answer anywhere online regarding the Fronius Ohmpilot and I'm not sure if this community would have the answer either. I hope so though!

I am looking at including a Fronius Ohmpilot at the AC out of our Multiplus II to utilise excess solar PV for electric hot water heating in a storage tank. I would also like to include an external hot water heater that would heat up the water when there isn't sufficient excess solar. The Ohmpilot can easily integrate both through a nice relay function, enabling the external heating source to start up when needed. A Fronius Primo is currently also connected to the AC out. The Fronius Primo keeps charging the batteries when the grid goes down.

The Ohmpilot requires a Fronius smart meter to function (I believe). What would happen if the grid goes down and the smart meter stops functioning? Would any excess power not be utilised by the Ohmpilot and would the relay also not function meaning the external heating source would not fire up to heat the water?

Keen to hear your thoughts!

Fronius
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kimmo-paukku avatar image kimmo-paukku commented ·
Hi,

Please check out MYPV AC.THOR. It work with Victron and its for water heaters...

0 Likes 0 ·
casper avatar image casper kimmo-paukku commented ·
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this. Does the MYPV AC.Thor also have a separate relay connection whereby it can switch on an external heating system to supplement the immersion heater?

0 Likes 0 ·
kimmo-paukku avatar image kimmo-paukku casper commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic