question

Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX asked

Equalizing

Hello from the southern french Alps!

In my house, my 12 OPZS batteries have been in use for 10 years. I think they should be equalized somehow. I tried:

• the manual procedure (switch to charge only, back to on, back to charge only). No result.
  • Using veconfigure: the automatic periodic equalizing only catches with tube traction opzs. Mine are plates.

Shoul I dare set veconfigure to tube traction batteries or is there any other solution?

Thanks

Lionel

ESSbattery capacity
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

How does your batteries that were installed in 2019 have 10 years of use?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image Lionel SEYDOUX klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Batteries installed 2012. Only the Victron managemeny system inst
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX answered ·

Batteries installed 2012. Only Victron management system installed 2019

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Lionel SEYDOUX

It is probably not a good idea to equalise now. If they have been from the beginning it will be ok though. If they have been in use for a few years and not equalised at all they will have sulphated, they may shed alot of material and short plates internally.

Did something similar not on OPZs though, but still lead based, had been in the system 5 years never been equalised and killed the batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Plate Shedding. Courtesy APR.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual