question

mariowagner avatar image
mariowagner asked

BMV v3.09 - sync too soon

Hi guys,

I updated to 3.09 recently. Ever since then it syncs far too soon. see pic attached. guess that explains it all.

02_Charged voltage is set to 54.8V.

BMV Battery Monitor
bmv700-bug.jpg (48.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mariowagner avatar image mariowagner commented ·

oh you are already on to it, the changelog in the professionals section tells me

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Mario, yes there is a bug in v3.09; all settings are reset to factory defaults after updating the BMV-700 or BMV-702.

You’ll need to reconfigure your BMV, and then all will work normal again.

This version should never have been released like this; my apologies. And you can be assured that the developers are working hard to resolve this. In the mean time we’ve removed the version from the system: VRM no longers offers it as an automatic update; and also it’s no longer available for download from VictronProfessional.

The (only) other source of firmware files, VictronConnect, has v3.08. The latest good version.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mariowagner avatar image
mariowagner answered ·

thx!

i got one more question that bugs me for a while now ...

why isnt a ve.direct BMV (or mppt) remote configurable via ccgx or venus? the protocol has all regarding set commands ready ...

is there any particular reason for that?

this bug means someone drivibg to the site whilst it all could be done in a minute via vrm.

3 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

It’s coming as soon as possible: it’s being worked on already.

2 Likes 2 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Excellent news. Something I miss too. Thank you Matthijs.

I love my Victron kit and surely appreciate the ongoing work. You guys rock..

0 Likes 0 ·
mariowagner avatar image mariowagner commented ·

oh that is good news! we got 15+ plants running and that is a major relief

0 Likes 0 ·
porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

Battery indicator now scales between the configured discharge floor and 100% state-of-charge, instead of the full state-of-charge range (0% - 100%)

Can this be done optional, please? I really like it more when it says 50% and not 0% when the battery is charged to 50%.

If I want to discharge to 20% for some reason it always keeps at 0% when 50% is set and I can't see the real SOC?

What will happen to the SOC-history of the VRM? Comparsion wouldn't be possible anymore.

Installers now always have to check what firmware is installed to know what the BMV really shows?

Probably I misunterstood that?

3 comments
2 |3000

porcini avatar image porcini commented ·

Or can I still use the alarm at 50% while using the full SOC-range?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ porcini commented ·

Hi @Porcini; with battery indicator we mean the little battery shaped icon on the lower right of the display. That one now tells you how much more there is down to the configured discharge floor.

The soc, shown as 0 to 100% has not changed at all. Does that explain it? We’ll improve the text in the changelog; thanks!

1 Like 1 ·
porcini avatar image porcini mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

My fault, in that case that's a useful update! :) thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic