question

mathiash avatar image
mathiash asked

BMV700 power supply cable

This might be a stupid question, however just want to make sure.

The pos. supply cable of the BMV700 is simply a power supply?

So I might as well connect it to e.g. "Votronic Plus-Distributor 6" which is then connected to the battery with other devices.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It powers the BMV, yes. Connecting it into the distribution board is probably OK.
However it is also the Voltage sense wire. Ideally it should be connected directly to the + terminal of the battery so that its readings are not affected by the Voltage drop over other cables in the system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mathiash avatar image
mathiash answered ·

The cable to the battery is rather short ... I will give it a try.

Thanks.

2 |3000

mathiash avatar image
mathiash answered ·

@WKirby basically similar question to the Cyrix-CT-120.

My plan was to connect port 85 to the distribution board as well. Guess answer is the same? Manual says to use a fuse with 0.1A ... I do not have this, so used 3A.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

No, 85 does not measure Voltage, it is just a control signal, so you can wire that where you like.

3A fuse will probably be fine, just make sure the wire can take 3A in case of a fault.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic