question

Nickus de Vos avatar image
Nickus de Vos asked

Strange Multiplus behaviour when switching on and off.

I have a Multiplus 12/1200/50 in my camping trailer with a Bluenova 4KWH LiFeyPO4 battery. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how everything is connected since it was done by the previous owner, not by me. What I can see so far without having to strip the entire trailer to get a good view, is that there are 2 big plugs, plugged in to the Multiplus, I guess this is the AC in and AC out. Then there is also a much thinner wire running from the battery to the Multiplus, I however can't see where on the battery or where on the Multiplus this wire is connected, but I guess it should be for battery temparature or something.

If 220V AC shore power is connected everything works as expected, I can switch the Multiplus between on, off and charge only and the 220V devices work while it's set to on or charge only.

If it is set to on and I disconnect the AC shore power then it starts inverting and the 220V devices run off the battery as expected.

However if it's set to charge only or off while the AC shore power is not connected and I try to switch it on, then nothing happens, it doesn't start to invert so the 220V devices won't work.

This basically means that I won't ever be able to switch the Multiplus to off or charge only since if I don't have AC shore power, I won't be able to get the inverter going. Is this normal behaviour since I see nothing of the sort in the Multiplus's manual?

I don't have a USB cable to program or smart dongle to monitor the Multiplus yet.

P.S I'm testing with basically a full battery, the battery is sitting around 13.4V.

Assistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This should not happen, if you are disconnected from the mains and then turn the inverter off then back on it should startup and start inverting.

if you do turn it off then back opn and wait say for 15 min does it start up somewhere in that time period, again it should start straight away, this is just a test question

I would suspect that you will need to do a firmware upgrade on the inverter

you will need to buy a MK3 to do the upgrade

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nickus de Vos avatar image
Nickus de Vos answered ·

When testing earlier, I never waited long to see if the inverter eventually kicks in, I'll do some more testing.

I also plan to buy the MK3

2 |3000

Related Resources