question

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates asked

Skylla IP44/65 Charger Storage Mode Firmware Bug

I have been observing a firmware bug in the Skylla IP44/65 chargers. This only started occurring with either the latest (1.10) or very recent firmware. Upon power-up, the charger often jumps directly into Storage mode, or cycles briefly through Bulk and into Storage. The result obviously being that the battery bank never gets charged. This is being observed on a regular basis.

As an attempted work around,I have configured setting 30 "Watch Function (start-up in storage if battery voltage > 13V)" to OFF. Though the battery voltage was not close to 13V until the charger was powered up. Initial testing shows this to have worked around the issue; we will be able to confirm over the next week as the charger goes through multiple power cycles.

We are running a pair of synchonised chargers. One is a 60A IP44 and the other a 70A IP65.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

@mvader (Victron Energy)

Over the past several weeks, there have been no more issues with the chargers going immediately to storage mode. So I can confirm that the workaround listed above does work.

Allan.

storage1a.pngstorage1b.png

storage1c.png

storage2a.pngstorage2b.png

storage3a.png

firmware updateSkylla
storage1a.png (9.3 KiB)
storage1b.png (28.4 KiB)
storage2a.png (249.9 KiB)
storage2b.png (202.1 KiB)
storage3a.png (98.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
malolo avatar image
malolo answered ·

I’ve had similar issues but with the IP-65 going into float without cycling through the other steps. Turning ”watch mode“ off resolved the issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Allen Roberts avatar image
Allen Roberts answered ·

Thank you.. this post solved my Skylla issue with stuck in "storage" state. I agree this seems to be a firmware bug. If Li mode (battery type 7) is set, watch should be off by default. Li battery would rarely be under 13V so the charger would only do a maintaining, not charging with watch mode on.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic