question

brucesterj avatar image
brucesterj asked

Setting up a CERBO GX

Looking for some help.. I have a CERBO VX and the companion touch screen 50. OK.. It is connected to my WIFI and even did the latest update to ver. 2.72.. but the monitor still does not show any info.. battery, AC or solar input. It also shows as OFF on the main screen.. What am I not doing right..? cerbogx1.jpg cerbogx2.jpg

cerbo gx
cerbogx1.jpg (18.5 KiB)
cerbogx2.jpg (16.9 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
What's in the "Device list"?

What components do you have (besides Cerbo GX)? And are they connected properly to Cerbo?

0 Likes 0 ·
brucesterj avatar image brucesterj seb71 commented ·

Nothing is in the device list yet.. but to backtrack a bit.. I didn't have or was shown that I needed some VE direct cables. I have 3 of them now.. All that's connected to the cerbo is my Victron 150\85 controller. My BMV 712 and inverter are too far away from the CERBO right now. I just need to purchase the correct wire size and move them closer. screenshot-20210805-102454-duckduckgo.jpg I stared at this many times today. I was happy to see it updating as I drove down the highway.

I have a BMV712bt, 4 BattleBorn 100ah Lithiums, 2000w PS Xantrec inverter, Victron 150\85 controller, CERBO and touch 50

If It was recieving PV power from the pair of 400w panels, why is it showing off..? and perhaps I missed reading where and how to connect the AC to this..????????

PS. It's been 10 days since your reply.. but I didn't recieve any notification of your reply. I wrote the OP, so wouldn't I be automatically recieving an email saying I had a reply.. :(

0 Likes 0 ·
brucesterj avatar image brucesterj seb71 commented ·
I looked at the device list after I posted.. and they have appeared now due to the (guessing) connection to the controller. There is the Gateway (CERBO GX), Solar Charger and 4 temp sensors (1-BMV712 and 3 BB lithiums)
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

A Xantrex or anyother third party inverter won't work, you need to have a Victron Inverter / MultiPlus or Quattro to connect to the CerboGX. With a Victron device here, then the blue box will show the AC Input and AC loads as measured by a MultiPlus or Quattro for example.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brucesterj avatar image brucesterj commented ·
Kinda like their VE cables.. It's all proprietary stuff. Ugghh... Guess I'll start saving for a Multiplus, as I love it features..

Thanx..

0 Likes 0 ·
brucesterj avatar image
brucesterj answered ·

Well.. I'm a happy camper today. The BMV 712 smart had enough cable to reach my controller.. then got it added as a device.. Now I can see the battery and solar info. WHAT IS the DC power..? It was up about 207w and fluctuating..?

20210807-174951.jpg

Then I added a 3rd 400 watt panel up top. Now have 1200 watts of power. Hope the tilt is just right.

20210807-184755.jpg

2 |3000