question

tg1 avatar image
tg1 asked

Can I use the H & L remote inputs of the Battery Protect at the same time?

Hi all,

Can I use the H & L remote inputs on a Battery Protect 65 at the same time from two different sources?

Ideally I'd like to use the High level input for a rocker switch to turn the BP65 on/off. & I'd like to use the Low level input for a BMV-712, SOC relay to switch the BP65 on/off.

I accept I could use both the switch & relay in series and switch either one of the H/L inputs. However being able to use both at the same time, in my case would reduce complexity & wiring.

Thanks for you input.

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

From the data sheet, it looks like there is only one remote control loop - screenshot-from-2021-07-20-15-28-04.png

So it looks like you will have to wire your switch and relay in series to make that work...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tg1 avatar image tg1 commented ·

Thanks Mike,

bp65.pngThe alternative to the remote loop is to use either the H/L inputs. H for battery positive, L for battery negative.

Again, really just interested to know if anything will be damaged if I put 12vdc on the H input and 0vdc on the low at the same time.

0 Likes 0 ·
bp65.png (25.6 KiB)
stevensnel avatar image
stevensnel answered ·

I was wondering the same thing. In the manual of the orion dc-to-dc it shows both a connection to a switch (ignition in this case) and the BMS (ATC in this case). Why would the battery protect be different?img-3969.jpeg

img-3969.jpeg (407.9 KiB)
2 |3000