question

phatemi avatar image
phatemi asked

Battery Protect showing different voltage than charge controller

I have charge controller and inverter connected direct to battery, battery pos to pos bus terminal neg to neg bus terminal, pos bus terminal to battery protect, battery protect to pos loads, neg loads to negative bus terminal. My charge controller is reading 13.8 volts for the battery but the battery protect only 9, and so it cuts off power. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@phatemi

Check the battery with a meter. Then the battery voltage at the mppt terminals.

Disconnect the panels from the mppt during tests to make sure that is not influencing anything.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

phatemi avatar image phatemi commented ·
Thanks so much for replying. Battery checked out fine. So, I started to walk down the connects one at a time. Faulty/weak ground connect - I love victron equipment, but some of the terminal connections - the weird rising terminal things are terrible. wish they had posts like for the pos and neg etc for good reliable connections. All good and fixed. Thanks again
0 Likes 0 ·