question

maxx92 avatar image
maxx92 asked

Short power interruption reoccuring every 3 days or so

Hello all. On my sailing yacht I have a new installtion (about a month old) of all victron components. Mainly 3 x 200Ah LiFePo batteries, Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80, Smart BMS 12/200, Cerbo. I witness very brief power interruptions, whether I am on shore power or on batteries only. This happes about every 3 days and they last a second. Then the system restarts. This is not very reassuring, especially not when far away from land. What could be the source? Unfortunately the Cerbo log is not helpful as it does not show any irregularity..

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Maxx92, do you start any device when this happens ? Or the yacht itself ? It could be related to a non-adapted cabling unable to sustain a current spike, making the Multiplus switching on protection.

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maxx92 avatar image
maxx92 answered ·

Hi Michel

No, it happens when on shore power as well as on batteries only, mostly around 9 to 10 at night without any switching. just a couple of minutes ago again… yesterday it happened while everyone was asleep. i know because after a restart the cerbo displays dashes for the SOC. No logs, nothing that helps troubleshooting.

2 |3000

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Maxx92, this is a strange error. I would start checking and visual checking the connections. Open the connectors, the cable to goes into the connector that is connected to the Multi Compact. Check the fuses. Check the bolts...
You say this happens when on shore power and also when using the batteries.. Check the DC cables and bolts and lugs...

measuring the temperature could help..

Hope this helps. let us know what you find.

Regards, Rob

1 comment
2 |3000

maxx92 avatar image maxx92 commented ·
Hi Rob. Thanks for taking your time. The temperatures of the batteries are well in the green, around 30 degrees. All nicely balanced. It now happens every day between 2100 and 2200. Maybe a coincidence.. Definitely no switching when it happens. When at anchor (like today) i even have the boiler off by pulling the circuit breakers. today it happened when the soc was 80%, yesterday at shorepower and soc 100%. no pattern there. i will check the connections tomorrow. and make more detailed screenshots with vrm.
0 Likes 0 ·
marv21 avatar image
marv21 answered ·

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/95469/1-device-switched-off-sometimes-permanent.html

Could this be the same behavior ?

What SOC do your Batterys have. Could you give us a VRM Screenshot?(Like mine?)

1 comment
2 |3000

maxx92 avatar image maxx92 commented ·
hi marv, similar but not identical. here it isalways just a second. a blip of outage and then the lights are back again while the display needs a while to boot up again. the SOC then is showing dashes (as i switched off the automatic 100%}. i will do some screenshots tomorrow that maybe show more details. see also my other post.
0 Likes 0 ·