question

gary-1 avatar image
gary-1 asked

GX Tank 140 Remove Unused Tanks from CCGX

Hi

Is there any way to disable unused GX Tank 140 inputs when connected to a CCGX only?

There is no 'Settings' > 'I/O' menu on the CCGX so I cannot use the method described in the manual.

Thanks
Gary

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Yes. These inputs show up in the analog inputs menu (Settings / I/O / Analog). There they can be enabled and disabled individually

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gary-1 avatar image gary-1 commented ·
Thanks Kevin, however on my CCGX (firmware version v2.71) there is no Settings / I/O menu available.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem gary-1 commented ·

Oh, yes, that is a bug.

The I/O menu appears only if analog or digital inputs are found, but the CCGX has neither.

The test for analog input is based on settings for the first INTERNAL analog input and does not look for the GX Tank 140!!!

If you have terminal access to your CCGX you can uncover the I/O menus with:

dbus -y com.victronenergy.settings /Settings AddSettings\
            '%[{"path": "/AnalogInput/Resistive/1/Function2", "type":"int", "default":0} ]'

0 Likes 0 ·
gary-1 avatar image gary-1 Kevin Windrem commented ·
Thanks Kevin, that has done the job. I/O menu is now showing and I'm able to disable the unused input.
0 Likes 0 ·
roamer105 avatar image roamer105 Kevin Windrem commented ·
Please provide help/procedure to establish "terminal/command line" access to CCGX.

Thank you1

0 Likes 0 ·
gary-1 avatar image gary-1 roamer105 commented ·

Root access documentation is available here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:root_access

0 Likes 0 ·
roamer105 avatar image roamer105 gary-1 commented ·
Worked great!

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·