question

mmosberg avatar image
mmosberg asked

Argo FET 200-2 "leakage"

I have an Argo FET 200-2 in my boat. Separating my LifePo4 AUX battery bank from the AGM starter batteries. I am struggling with a small reverse current flow between the battery banks.

Is it correct to say that the Argo FET 200-2 may be "leaking" and will allow som reverse current if it is Energized and as long as there is no alternator current running to the Input terminal?

Argo FET Diode
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·
If you combine 2 different battery type's, how do you arrange the different voltage requirements?
0 Likes 0 ·
mmosberg avatar image mmosberg harold commented ·
The alternator in the boat delivers 14,2 volt. That is OK for both the AGM and LifePo4 bank. When connected to shore power I occasionally top the AGM bank with a Phoenix Smart charger.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
roly avatar image
roly answered ·

My understanding is the energise circuit is to provide voltage to the fields of alternator to start generating not Argofet as that happens with input voltage. Does the "leakage" occur with the "energise" unplugged? Does your alternator output with energise unplugged.?

I see this is old, what was your resolution?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.