question

bigbloke avatar image
bigbloke asked

Contradiction in 220A battery protect manual ?

Hi folks.

Trying to avoid an expensive mistake

before finalising my wiring!

having read the battery protect manual i fully get that Vout should not be a higher voltage than Vin. Makes complete sense.

But on the last section of the manual,

It shows 2 battery protects in series where:

The input of battery protect 2 is connected to a charger (MPPT stated)

The output of battery protect 2 is connected to the input of battery connect 1 which is commoned to

Battery bank positive.

The output of battery protect 1 is then connected to the load.

And in one sense that works in my mind - insofar as no input to battery connect 2 Shuts down battery connect 2s output....

But....as the sun goes down....there is no volts on the input to battery connect 2 therefore, at that point in time the output of battery connect 2 is at battery voltage...BUT the input of Battery connect 2 is at zero V (no charge coming in) so at that point you have an "approved" configuration where it seems there is potential to cook battery connect 2 !!??

So ....other than fitting a 60-100A Rated schottky diode on the output of Battery connect 2 so that the battery can never reverse shunt battery connect 2 , how do you stop Batt connect 2 being fried when no charge current is present on its input ?

To my mind the manuals statement and the last drawing are in contravention - which is right please?

Regards

Rob

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers