question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

Multiplus II Rev1 and FW update 485

This is just a warning notice ----Warning Only -----

I just updated my Home Multiplus II Rev 1 VERSION from 482 to 485 using the remote update feature.

Venus GX FW is 272~4 and battery powered (main computer that was used for the update is on a ups so no cuts in power)

the update file did arrive but it was still 482 fw and used ve configure not VE systems configure when opened

Latest Ve Config was downloaded and installed first

removed VE-BMS before update.

Well this update then bricked the Multiplus II. and all lights are flashing, Multiplus is 100% down and cannot be seen on the VE BUS anymore.

no big deal as this was my home system. however

Had to reinstall the firmware using VE flash and re-setup all the assistants

So anyone out there using a Multiplus II Rev 1 just be careful on a remote site firmware update as you may have to go to site to reinstall the FW using VE Flash

to be fair this is a early multiplus II so it may not affect other version. This is the first failure I have had when using remote update

NOTE to be clear the VE Flash did update the Multi II to fw 485

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rithym1964 avatar image rithym1964 commented ·

Just carried out same update remotely as above my Venus GX is powered direct from 48V battery and other critical loads (router & network switches) on a small UPS. First attempt the update said it was complete but my 2 x parallel multi's remained on 482 firmware in 'Boot Mode'. Second remote attempt worked okay I just had to restore settings from backup vcsf file using VictronConnect on a cheap Win10 laptop which is connected permanently to Venus GX via USB MK3 and I can remotely access.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its now back and fully operational

just advise only for those that are interested

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

captain-goker avatar image
captain-goker answered ·

Hi;
what does "boot-mode" means? Can you please explain?

screen-shot-2023-06-08-at-222512.png

2 |3000