question

hogshawrabbit avatar image
hogshawrabbit asked

B2B chargers and trickle charging the CAB Batt when on 240v hook up.

Is the Victron B2B intelligent enough to detect that the Leisure Batt is being trickle charged and allow some current through to the Vehicle battery to keep it also topped up?

The operation of the B2B when connecting the CAB/Alternator to the Leisure cct is clear however what I am struggling to understand is how typically the Motorhome leisure system charges the vehicle battery without the vehicle discharging the leisure. Dumb me thinks the interface the B2B performs this function???

So once the two battery ccts are interfaced with the B2B they each charge each other ... 1) When the alternator is running the leisure gets charged along side the vehicle and when on hook up the Leisure is being charged by a 240v/12v battery charger which also via the B2B trickle charges the cab.

Or am I missing something as to how the hook up keeps the vehicle batt topped up.

Mike

BMScharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hogshawrabbit answered ·

Phil from Victron says the B2B is unidirectional Alternator - Leisure only. So is the mains leisure charger that trickle charges when on hook up connected to the vehicle battery by a relay so only when on hook up are the two battery ccts connected?

Is this how Motorhomes keeps the two batteries topped up on hook up i.e via a simple relay?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hogshawrabbit answered ·

After many posts I have discovered the device I am looking for is a battery saver.... simple to fit too.

https://www.vanbitz.com/the-van-bitz-battery-master/

So answered my own question I hope it helps others with a similar interest as to how to stop the vehicle battery going flat.

1 comment
2 |3000

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·
The item looks like a simple resistor and diode combination, simple but crude imo.

if your van has a smart alternato,these still continue to charge regardles.!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic