question

raythenerd avatar image
raythenerd asked

VE.Direct Bluetooth adapter cycles from fault to unknown to working back to fault

There was a forced firmware update when I connected to my bluetooth ve.bus adapter this morning. I believe previous version was v428, but cannot recalled for sure. Current firmware on Multiplus 12/3000/120 is v430. Bluetooth adapter is firmware version v1.10, bootloader v1.04. All show latest in the app. When I connect with VictronConnect on Android, it cycles between FAULT, UNKNOWN, and proper system display. The Multiplus is working as expected. I have tried disconnecting the bluetooth adapter from multiplus, disconnecting power, waiting 30 seconds, reconnecting. I have tried power cycling multiplus, disconnecting power, wait 30seconds and repower. I have checked for updates on the app, it is at latest version. I have powered off then back on my phone. Issue remains. How can I get this working again?

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
raythenerd avatar image
raythenerd answered ·

First, clarity: the ve.bus bluetooth dongle updated from 1.09 to 1.10, not the victron inverter firmware. Second, while I thought my max charge current had reset to 100% and current defaulted to 50a as cause for tripping off my generator; instead I had simultaneous failing generator issue. Joy.

Root cause of described behavior was the 1.10 firmware. This mornimg Victron forced a rollback to 1.09. Function is restored :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic