question

Mark avatar image
Mark asked

New Quattro Series coming soon ?

My Dealer tells me there is a new Quattro Inverter coming soon. The dealer says it is a revamp of the current Quattro line - one thing he says is the transformer will not be as big and heavy.

To me the point about the Quattro line was the toroidal transformer being able to take heavy loads and handle peaks up to 2x its rated output.

Will this new Quattro line be as robust as the current (very old series) ?

Anyone prepared to spill the beans on this new inverter line coming ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

I would love if they could also build a 20kVA inverter too. Would hopefully raise the max system size to 240kVA or possibly bigger. 300kVA maybe? Would be great for some of our clients.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Details will be released if the product is finished.
But I guess the new Quattro will be based on the MultiPlus II.
The MP-II can boost to around 1.8-1.9 of it's normal rating.

https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multiplus-ii

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sunnycoastgreg avatar image sunnycoastgreg commented ·
any further announcements on the new version (in case i missed it?)
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ sunnycoastgreg commented ·

It's done when it's done.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/5889/new-victron-community-guidelines.html
"When will new product X, Y or Z be available?"

In the current pricelist Q3 it is announced for September but still not available to (pre)order.
I guess it will take another month or two.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Matthias, thanks for the update. I hope the 3 Phase/Paralleling will continue on the new Quattro's - the new MultiPlus II does not allow this at the 8Kva/10Kva level.

2 |3000

iand avatar image
iand answered ·

Let's hope the new Quattro (and the big Multiplus-II) actually meet their (lower!) no-load power specs this time, unlike the problems that many people have reported for the current Quattro... ;-)

2 |3000

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

iand...what issues were they?

1 comment
2 |3000

iand avatar image iand commented ·

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/53583/quattro-4810000140-excessive-idle-power-consumptio.html

I'm having a hybrid narrowboat built, and this is a big issue (which the boatbuilder is also aware of) -- 100W or more no-load power is more than appliances like fridges consume, which kind of makes a nonsense of paying more for ones with the best energy efficiency...:-(

Hopefully the Multiplus-II 48/10000 (and new Quattro) will get close to the datasheet 38W, because the Quattro 48/10000 often doesn't get anywhere close to 60W.

0 Likes 0 ·