question

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh asked

New Issues With CCGX And VRM

Sometime in the past month:

1. My CCGX has stopped recognising my MicroSD card as external storage under VictronConnect/Settings/VRM Online Portal/MicroSD/Usb - it shows "No storage found".

2. VictronConnect will no longer find my Color Control GX device under Devices/Local.

Everything worked fine before I recently upgraded to VictronConnect V5.42 and CCGX V2.71. I don't know when the above stopped working.

VictronConnect/Settings/VRM Online Portal/MicroSD/Usb:

I tried two seperate MicroSD cards (both previously worked) - both not recognised by CCGX. Tried reformatting both MicroSD cards (16GB and 32GB Fat32) - not recognised by CCGX. Inserted a 16GB Fat 32 USB stick in the CCGX USB port - recognised by VictronConnect/Settings/VRM Online Portal/MicroSD/Usb as external storage.

VictronConnect not showing CCGX in Devices/Local:

If I switch to the VRM tab under Devices, then VictronConnect will recognise the CCGX and show it as 'online' and allow me to login to the VRM Online Portal on my Web browser. However, it does not show the "Remote Console" tab and I cannot connect the CCGX with my browser (as I could before).

Has anyone else had these issues since upgrading VictronConnect or the CCGX firmware?

Anyone have suggestions about how I can resolve my issues?

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

OK. Reverting to CCGX firmware V2.66 fixed the MicroSD card and VRM Online Portal issue.

So there is a problem with the CCGX firmware V2.71. How do I report this to Victron?

Still have no luck with the Remote Console it appears with the Mac version of VictronConnect, but not the iPad or iPhone version of VictronConnect V5.42. How do I rollback to the previous version of VictronConnect?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
Kevin has already reported it and its been noted by victron by the way. if you want to have a look select the Spaces dropdown on your community menu bar then select modificatons and Kevins report is in there.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I reported the issue with the SD card on CCGX to the v2.72~2 beta test thread in the Modifications space.

You could do the same with the VRM issue.

2 |3000

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

Thanks Kevin. I am a novice with using community/victronenergy.com

i will try to navigate my way to the area you mentioned and log the other issue there.

2 |3000