question

Jeremiah Landi avatar image
Jeremiah Landi asked

Victron MultiPlus Compact 24V | 2000 VA | 50A - AUTO SOLID RED ALARM LED

Hello All,

I recently bought a Victron MultiPlus Compact 24V | 2000 VA | 50A from Northern Arizona Wind & Sun (https://www.solar-electric.com/victron-energy-multiplus-inverter-24-2000-50.html).

I followed the manual that came with the unit and plugged the device into my wall outlet.

Whenever I turn on power I automatically get a solid red alarm light whether the device is in "inverter" or "charger". I tried powering down the unit and providing power to it again to no avail. I am not sure (based on the solid red) where or what the alarm would be triggering.

I have attached images of my setup for reference. I have tried the unit with and without the temperature selection and seem to get the issue.

image-from-ios-43.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargervictron
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I don't see the battery connections in the above photo. The unit will not work without this!!.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jeremiah Landi avatar image Jeremiah Landi commented ·

@MikeD Another question on this. Does it need a battery or just a load?

I purchased a Victron Energy Orion IP20 24/12-Volt 70 amp DC-DC Converter Non-Isolated, High Power (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BF5BQLA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Basically, I would like to simulate load prior to actually putting my battery on it to make sure I am solid on everything. If not I can go right to batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeremiah Landi avatar image Jeremiah Landi Jeremiah Landi commented ·

To answer the question to my question above about the Victron Energy Orion IP20 24/12-Volt 70 amp DC-DC Converter; no it does not trigger the MultiPlus to turn on. I do see the green "charge" blink on before going straight to alarm though. I hadn't seen that before.

After the device goes straight to a solid red alarm LED I a slight "zeet" occurs every 30 seconds continually. I assume this has something to do with dc voltage being drawn but no enough.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Dorsett answered ·

If you read the manual agian, you will see that you need to connect the battery FIRST, before connecting to AC source or to a load. The unit has an internal fuse to protect the battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Jeremiah Landi avatar image Jeremiah Landi commented ·
Thank you. I saw that it mentioned that the device had a "load sense" feature but wasn't 10% sure. I'll get that connected up and going.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Dorsett answered ·

It does need a battery. The unit is looking for the battery voltage to be in range before turning on. It looks like the re-try time is 30 sec.

2 |3000