question

chuck avatar image
chuck asked

MPPT Control display: can it monitor two Solar Chargers?

I am installing two independent solar arrays to my house bank. Each has a Victron 150/70 Smart Solar controller. For a display in the cabin can I monitor two separate controllers with a single Victron MPPT control display?

MPPT Control display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Hi It's not clear which of several Victron displays you mean here? The VE colour control GXhas 2 VE direct inputs, so can connect to both MPPT's.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Victron MPPT control can only connect to one MPPT.
https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/mppt-control

2 |3000

Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

If they are both smart solar units, the easiest solution would be to use the app on your phone or a basic tablet.

The MPPT control can only be connected to a single smartsolar. It also has the limit of a maximum 10m ve.direct cable connecting it to the MPPT.

How far away do you want the display to be mounted? Are there other Victron components in your system that could also be monitored?

As miked mentioned a Colour control GX has 2 ve.direct connections, it would also allow data to be recorded over a longer period and the possibility of remote monitoring.

2 |3000

chuck avatar image
chuck answered ·

Thank you for your responses and it seems either the GX or my iPad is the way to go. The distance from the two controllers in the engine room to an area for mounting a display would be 12-15'. The only Victron components are the controllers and a battery temp monitor. Otherwise, I have a Magnum inverter/charger to battery monitoring. Thanks again ... Chuck

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic