question

mark-mcpadden avatar image
mark-mcpadden asked

Power source for GX Tank 140

I purchased a GX Tank 140 along with 4 Safiery Ultrasonic Tank Sensors. The sensors require 12v, and my question is twofold. First,I have a 5th wheel with a victron multiplus and 4 lithium batteries and monitor with a CCGX. Can I connect my Tank 140 to my RV 12v system, and how do I regulate the four sensor inputs to all be 12v? As I understand the setup, inputs 1 and 2 require an external 12v power supply (can I use battery?) and inputs 3/4 are 24v and that is supplied internally from the Tank 140 (as I understand it).

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You don't need to use the GX Tank's power supply pins at all. They are handy because they have auto-reset fuses.

Battery voltage will vary quite a bit. If that's OK for the sensor, then just hook their power leads to your battery through a circuit breaker or fuse sized to protect the wiring.

Then, connect the ground and signal lines from the sensor to GX Tank.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.