question

edgardolugo avatar image
edgardolugo asked

Need charging parameters for 12v 200 ah AGM telecom battery for Samlex EVO 4024 Inverter

I have 4 batteries connected for 24v 400ah bank, I need to know which voltage to use for a 50% discharge and 30% discharge, also which optimal float and charging voltage. If someone knows which charging parameters to use on that inverter, it will be appreciated.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

OK. So here is a link to the datasheet for those batteries:
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Telecom-batteries-EN.pdf

Basically the Absorb Voltage needs to be set between 14.4V to 14.7V. Choose a value based on your application. If you are cycling the batteries regularly then choose 14.7V. If they are used for backup without daily cycling then go towards 14.4V
Float - 13.6V to 13.8V, same as above, choose the higher Voltage in the range if you are cycling regularly.

Voltsage to SOC% is not really possible to tell, there are too many variables like temperature, the current flowing through the battery and battery health - to name a few.
You can only get a vague idea of SOC% from Voltage if the battery is resting or has been at rest for quite some time and even then is is not a very good at all.
The only way to properly know SOC% is to count the energy going out and in to the battery using a battery monitor which measures the current in and out of the battery. Your inverter should be counting this energy, I can't be sure because I don't know anything about that brand of inverter, sorry.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I'm not so sure we can help here, you don't seem to mention what Victron equipment you have?
In all cases, always consult the battery manufacturer for battery charging parameters.
Then we could not offer any advice on Samlex inverters, again it would be better to contact that company for advice.

1 comment
2 |3000

elf-78 avatar image elf-78 commented ·

Sorry, Victron Energy batteriesvictron-batteries.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic