question

vctr avatar image
vctr asked

SmartSolar MPPT history during the polar day

As I understand, the mppt has no clock and see the new day only when it's getting dark and it has no voltage, right?

So I have a situation when the history starts a new day in the middle of the day (I guess it's probably the time when I installed it the very first time).

During the polar day the sun doesn't set, so the panel works 24 hours per day, and there is always voltage, so I guess the mppt starts new day at the time when it has seen the first "sunrise" which was at the time when I connected PV wires to MPPT.

Is there a reason why the history starts new day not by real time and date?

And can I set the real time by disconnecting everything and connecting it again exactly at midnight?

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery MonitorMPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Vctr

It seems to be a 12hour day. There is no clock inside an mppt.

I have seen if we switch off the pv dc breaker we can reset the solar day and it starts a new day. Will play with it a bit tomorrow and see.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vctr avatar image vctr commented ·
Yes, I already did it. Disconnected PV+ and B+, and connected againg at midnight. Now it starts new day at midnight.
0 Likes 0 ·