question

andrew-butler avatar image
andrew-butler asked

MultiPlus 3000, MPPT 100/30, Color Control GX, SmartShunt - Who reads who's temperature?

Okay.

So the MultiPlus is VE.Bus and the MPPT is VE.Direct, but does connecting them both to the Color Control GX allow the temperature probe from the Multiplus to register with the MPPT or should I get the ASS000100000 accessory probe to go with the SmartShunt?

Thanks,

Andrew

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerSmartShunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrew-butler avatar image andrew-butler commented ·

So this was a horrible, idiot question I guess?

I'm trying to find out information in building out a system, these products seem great but support for them is seemingly non-existent. The supplier I've been in touch with in Canada is new to the product and mentioned how there's no support phone number and suggested I go to this forum for help.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrew-butler avatar image andrew-butler commented ·
Thank you, I was looking for the answers in the I/C or MPPT manuals and completely confused on the role of the CCGX in defining data point locations for the chargers. Upon further thought that makes a lot more sense.
0 Likes 0 ·
escapade-nawlins avatar image escapade-nawlins commented ·

So if my MPPT is using Victron Energy Smart Battery Sense module then I don't need to connect any other temp and voltage sensor....I have two MPPT and sensors one for each 250A 8D battery. Do I need to somehow add more to this system? also have a shunt...what should I do with those B1and B2 leads?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ escapade-nawlins commented ·

Your SBS's will do fine transmitting temp and volt data to your mppt's.

"also have a shunt...what should I do with those B1and B2 leads?"

Vbatt+ goes to the battery being monitored.

Aux can monitor the voltage of a second battery or, monitor the main battery mid point voltage or, monitor the temp of the main battery.

Smart Shunt manual.

Manual - SmartShunt (victronenergy.com)

0 Likes 0 ·