onelifeoverland asked

Off Grid Solar with 240v charging

Hi guys,

I have a setup in my expedition trailer as follows: -

1x 120w solar

1x smart shunt

1x smart solar charge controller

2x 110ah batteries in parallel

Occassio ally I can connect the batteries to and an AC electric supply to give them a boost, especially if the sun has not been shining for a day or two.

So I wondering which of the Victron battery chargers would integrate best with the devices I already have?

Thanks in advance for the help.

ac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi there I would say ask a victron agent but I would advise the multiplus has one ac input and limited to 5kva, the Quattro has two ac inputs allowing a generator and ac in for shore power or grid, the inverter chargers require good power sources and I would recommend maybe increasing the battery bank also, 12v system will draw a lot of current and require large battery cables, 24 system half as much, then 48v system half again, what ever voltage I would also recommend a dc to dc charger to keep the batteries charged from the alternator also, I hope this helps a bit thanks David

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic