question

alanmi3833 avatar image
alanmi3833 asked

Can a GX access information if 2 Multiplus are on the same bus, but driving two separate AC loads

I have situation where the client wants 2 Multiplus II inverters from the same solar and battery yet want to feed the AC to separate locations. Reason if one inverter overload other should continue supplying power.

If one GX can't control then you need 2 energy meters, 2 GX, 2 BMV. Basically 2 separate systems.

Are there another solution. Want to use 1 batterybank, 1 PV array and still know my SoC.

ac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Sort of.

You can't connect 2 MultiPlus on the same VE.Bus unless they are programmed in parallel or multi-phase.

You CAN connect one of the MultiPlus to the USB port via an MK3-USB adaptor.

So you will have a 'primary' Multi that is connected to the VE.Bus port - this one will be displayed on the dashboard, etc.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

edward-lackman avatar image edward-lackman commented ·

Can you read the usb port on the cerbo that has the MK3 connected to it?

0 Likes 0 ·
alanmi3833 avatar image
alanmi3833 answered ·

So I will then lose all info on that Multiplus, eg energy usage from battery and grid.

Using 1 SmartShunt then at least give me the SoC of the battery?

2 |3000

edward-lackman avatar image
edward-lackman answered ·

Can you read the usb port on the cerbo that has the MK3 connected to it?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic