question

imasar6 avatar image
imasar6 asked

cyrix-ct 12/24-120 two battery and solar system

Please, is it problem for cyrix -ct 12/24 120 if it work with two battery and solar system ( boat ) .

Because solar system charging battery all day , and cyrix device stay close for the long time!

Is it problem for the cyrix device , if yes what we must do .

Best regards

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
murph avatar image
murph answered ·

It's a relay, so it only uses milliamps / milliwatts to stay closed. The spec sheet doesn't place any limit on it, and it is marketed as being suitable for power yachts, where it might stay closed for days while passage making. People with a charger connected to a shore supply could have the relay closed for weeks or even months at a time.

As long as the current flowing through it is less than 120A, there should be no problem. It is supposed to stay closed without limit, as long as the voltage stays within the normal charging range.

Is there any reason why you think there is a problem? E.g. significant heat, excessive voltage, or something like that?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mattplowman avatar image
mattplowman answered ·

I know this question was some time ago but I have the same problem on my yacht. The issue it causes for me is that when the solar is charging the Cyrix is connected so both house and start are connected , that means that when I go to start the engine the house are both cranked, not ideal at all. Also , the house and starter batteries are different sizes and the MPPT settings are for the house not start (not such a large issue really in practice)

2 |3000

bazbaz avatar image
bazbaz answered ·

Hi !

@mattplowman I am facing then exact same issue than what you are describing.

Have found a solution to that problem ?

I am thinking of adding a switch to separate the motor's battery from Cyrix at starting. What do you think of that ?

2 |3000