question

finalshare avatar image
finalshare asked

Pylontech and Raspberry PI

Hi!,
im running a raspberry pi 3b+ with venus OS to monitor my MPPT and BMV712

now im also adding a Multiplus 48/5000 and Pylontech US2000PLUS batterys,

i figured out which cable you would need to connect Pylontech to a REAL Venus device, bot how do id do this with the raspberry? is there a USB adapter?, or can i use the ethernet port on raspberry?

PylontechRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Pylontech battery communicates using CANBUS. The RaspberryPi does not have a CANBUS interface, so it's not possible to connect the batteries to it.

Maybe it would be possible to add a CANBUS interface to the RaspberryPi, but it seems like a lot of work:
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/4307-venus-pi-pylontech-integration/

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

finalshare avatar image finalshare commented ·

Hmmm so what would be the cheapest Gx modul to hook up to the system for it to work?

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ finalshare commented ·

VenusGX or CerboGX (without touch screen) are the same price on the price list but if you look around there might be special offers from local dealers.

CerboGX has more connectivity than VenusGX for long term upgrade options.
It has two CANBUS interfaces for example. I use both CANBUS interfaces, one for my US3000C bank and the other one for VE.Can MPPT controllers.

0 Likes 0 ·
finalshare avatar image finalshare wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

ok ty!

0 Likes 0 ·