question

john-fraser avatar image
john-fraser asked

Max Charge Current setting for SmartSolar 150|70 MPPT ?

I'm having some trouble understanding the "Max Charge Current" setting, for my MPPT. I have 3x LiFePo4 Battleborn 100 A/H Batteries in parallel, for a total of 300 A/H. I saw a post here (From Stefanie) suggesting that the Max Charge Current should be set at 10% to 20% of that total Battery A/H value. If that is the case, then I'll assume that I can set the parameter to anywhere between 30 and 60 Amps - Is this correct? If this is correct, I will also assume that if this setting value is higher than the current my PV panels can deliver, there is nothing to be concerned about (The MPPT will only charge with the max current that the PV panels will provide)? Thanks !

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolarmppt charging
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The 10-20% are only for lead/AGM/Gel batteries, lithium batteries can take much more current. Look at the datasheet of your batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
john-fraser avatar image john-fraser Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thanks for your Reply Matthias - I've got it all figured-out now.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Page 2 of the Battle Born spec sheet says 50a.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john-fraser avatar image john-fraser commented ·

Thanks so much @klim8skeptic - much appreciated. I have the Installation manual for those Battleborns, but never did get the Spec. sheet.

0 Likes 0 ·