question

Noah Taylor avatar image
Noah Taylor asked

How to connect seelevel tank monitor to Cerbo?

I have been following @kwindrem posts and purchased the recommended Seelevel 709 system in the hopes of connecting to my Cerbo. I also ordered from digikey the 3m connector. I used an ethernet cable and cut off one end and am connecting it to the connector. After reading the latest GitHub I installed the newest Cerbo Venus beta update which should be able to read the seelevel. After connecting the Seelevel to the VE Can Port on the Cerbo I am not seeing any tank readings. Is there's some setting I need to change or maybe it's the connector is bad. Anyway any input would be great.

For reference the 3m connector I purchased has labeled 1-4. Using a standard ethernet patch cable the connections are as follows:

1 - white/green

2 - orange

3 - orange/white

4 - green

tank monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

md-canada avatar image md-canada commented ·

I’m also stumped. I have the CAN bus connected and seem to be receiving packets as per the network status, but I don’t know what else needs to happen to turn these packets into tank readings. I’m using 2.72~2 and using the VE.Can & Lynx Ion BMS (250 kbits/s) profile. Should the device automatically appear in the VE.CAN devices list?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers