question

zenanuj avatar image
zenanuj asked

Incorrect SOC reading

Hi, I have an Easysolar 48/5000 w. MPPT 150/100 charger. The system is working perfectly with the exception of SOC. My PV history shows that the batteries are going into float however the SOC continues to go down. When I put the generator on the SOC will instantly jump back to 85%. I’m really desperate to get an accurate SOC reading for the batteries. Is there a simple solution to this problem?

SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
shreeyash avatar image
shreeyash answered ·

Hello @ZenAnuj,

Considering Battery SOC, many factors come in play. But may be you could consider below point

-Make sure everything going in and out of battery should go through Easysolar.

This way Easysolar can track all energy going in and out of battery giving close to accurate SOC.

You could also refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEN15Z_S4kE

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wetaelec avatar image
wetaelec answered ·

I noticed the same thing on a system I installed 2 weeks ago (hence why I came to this forum). EasySolar 48/5000/150/100 with 650AH battery bank had gradually decreasing SOC despite very low load. This had me confused so I just monitored the situation over the week. Today I connected the generator and SOC jumped immediately from %75 to %85.

I also noticed that on a sunny day before any load was connected (new system) the battery SOC was failing to reach %100 (only reached mid 90's).

Would an external SOC unit (BMV for instance) ive a more accurate SOC than the EasySolar unit or is there a BMV in there already??

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic