I was just about to buy a 25 A charger until I encountered these issues. Can anyone validate my concerns?
I am using the product HTML manual (for the 240 volt version - see item 6 below) and the VictronConnect app with the Demo Library to review configurations.
1) The charger won't interoperate with the Smart Battery Sense via bluetooth, so the terminal voltage can't be detected at the battery (also, for lead-acid bats, the battery temperature can't be detected at the battery, only at the charger location, which may and should be different).
2) There is no way to prevent a reabsorption cycle. It can't be set to run less frequently than every 45 days. Yes, I could set the absorption voltage to be the same as the float voltage, but that defeats the purpose of absorption at a higher voltage. This is bad treatment of LiFePO4 batteries that don't need periodic reabsorption.
3) The chargers don't interoperate with the Smart Shunt, causing the same issues as item 1 above, while also making it impossible for the charger to actually detect the battery charge current in the presence of static loads on the bus.
4) If I draw a high current from the bank for more than 4 seconds, the charger reverts to a full absorption cycle and the behavior can't be overridden. My SSB transmitter draws 50 amps when I transmit. I don't want a reabsorption cycle to be triggered every time I use it. This would also be maltreatment of LiFePO4 batteries.
From the manual:
"Note that even when the re-bulk setting is disabled, re-bulk will still occur if the charge current is maintained at the maximum charge current for 4 seconds."
5) There is no clear definition in the documentation of when the charger switches from float to storage mode.
6) There is no HTML manual on line for the 120 volt AC product. I've already discovered with other products that the PDF manuals omit some details.
7) There is no way to disable charging at and below zero degrees C. There's only a documented warning not to do that with LiFePO4 batteries. And where would that temperature be detected, at the warm charger? This issue alone precludes using the charger. Everyone doesn't have a BMS that disables charging below freezing.
8) When using the "Li-ion" factory preset, voltage temperature compensation is not disabled. Instead, it is set at -16.20mV/degree C. This is a serious error. LiFePO4 batteries do not require charging voltage temperature compensation. This problem, combined with item 7 above, could cause serious permanent damage to LiFePO4 batteries. At zero degrees C, charging at the factory preset 14.40 volt absorption voltage, instead of being shut down entirely, will be 14.81 volts (and higher at lower temperatures).
9) There is no way to see, set or, as cautioned in the setup under Absorption Duration: "disable the tail current."
Did I get anything wrong there?