question

manjo avatar image
manjo asked

Powering Cerbo GX wiring help.

My setup has a victron MPPT, 3000 multiplus inverter, smart shunt, a lynx distributor and cerbo GX. There are 2 wires for power for the cerbo GX. The red wire and the black and red wire. Could you please help me answer the following questions?

1. Does the red wire connect to the positive buss bar on the lynx distributor and the red and black wire connect to the negative bus bar ?
  2. The RJ45 from the 1st port on the inverter connects to the port directly below the Ethernet port on the cerbo ?
cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1. red is (+) and black is (-)

2. VE.bus from the Multi to VE.bus at the Cerbo. At the Cerbo all connections are labeled.

Read the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/index-en.html

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

manjo avatar image manjo commented ·

Thanks for that, what is a little confusing is the power wires are Red and Red+black stripe. So I assume RED (+ive) and RED+BLACK strip is -ive ?

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 manjo commented ·

Red wire is positive.

Black (with some red) wire is negative.

+ and - are also marked on the Cerbo GX next to the DC power socket, so double check that.

0 Likes 0 ·
manjo avatar image manjo seb71 commented ·

Oh! Right duh! Why did I not look at that.. thanks a ton!

0 Likes 0 ·
krl avatar image krl manjo commented ·
The problem is its not black+red. Your negative is black with some red left over when both+ and- where separated at the end. Sometimes it's the other way round and the red takes a trace of the black wire when you split them
0 Likes 0 ·