question

jokani avatar image
jokani asked

GX Tank 140 & BEP TS1 Ultrasonic Tank Sender

It looks as though the BEP TS1 Ultrasonic Tank Sender would be compatible with the GX Tank 140, but I would appreciate someone confirming before I order.

https://www.bepmarine.com/en/p/TS1/Ultrasonic-Tank-Sender

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
jokani avatar image
jokani answered ·

Bump! Anybody?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jokani avatar image
jokani answered ·

Bump - 2nd Bump

2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The way i read the datasheet for the BEP TS1 is that it is a resistive device using either of the 240-33 or 10-180 ohm ranges that the Cerbo GX uses on the tank inputs, so if you have the Cerbo GX you do not need the GX tank 140.

It does say the output can be set to 0-5 Volts but i have not read all the tech specs to check this, the voltage would be compatible with the GX Tank 140. HOWEVER, it does say it has a 25mA consumption with 5V gauge output and the GX Tank 140 has 20mA fuses, so it looks like it may not be compatible.

If you do not have a Cerbo GX, the victron resistive tank adapter may work over VE Can with other GX devices, but it appears you need one adapter for each tank.

2 |3000

johanna avatar image
johanna answered ·

I'd be interested if anyone got BEP TS1 working with Cerbo GX? When we first installed TS1, we did try to connect it to Cerbo, but it did not work. It was maybe a year ago, so I'm not sure about the error message. I think it had something to do with short circuit. It was then not our top priority, so we just connected the TS1s to our old gauges. It would be nice to get the water tank levels to Cerbo though.

2 |3000

rene-eesik avatar image
rene-eesik answered ·

TS1 will work on cerbo without GX tank140, but I think it works better with GX tank. Year ago there were old firmwere for Cerbo. With a new firmwere choose custom range and set your parameters. TS1 can be set on three ranges, 2 resistive and 0-5V. Both resistive are little bit out of range for Cerbo pre-set ranges, one with full, other with empty tank, because of that you get the short cirquit or disconnected message on pre-set ranges. With the latest firmware you can set custom range and adjust it as needed, BUT as TS1 makes the resistance digitally, the reading is little bit all over the place, the reading fluctuates about maybe 30% (Atleast this is what I think it is, maybe some engineer can explain better. it`s not visible on analog gauge because it`s too slow to react). On the menu you can set averaging time and fluctuation will not be shown on display, but when check sensor reading from menu it run up and down. On a big tank it`s not a problem, but small tank will run dry before it shows on Cerbo.

5V output with GX tank140 works much better, there was some little errors that I don`t remember at the moment. Hope to get another set of sensors and get back to it in January.

2 |3000

taula avatar image
taula answered ·

I use TS1 with GX Tank 140, but I had to parallel two 24v outputs for it not to trip the internal 20mA fuse. Not sure if this is recommended, but it has been working for some months now.

Note that this sensor has a membrane, so power should be disconnected at low temperatures (4°C)

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, the BEP TS1 can be configured to output a resistive signal (selectable to different ranges) as well as a voltage signal.

We tested a device similar to the TS1, also with a digital output, wired to the resistive inputs on the Cerbo GX, and that didn't work well. I expect also the TS1 to not work well on a resistive input on the Cerbo GX. Just like @rene-eesik also wrote above. Reading fluctuates.

We haven't tested it ourselves, but I do expect the BEP TS1 to work fine with a GX Tank 140 accessory. And then the TS1 configured as a voltage output.

2 |3000

Josep morancho avatar image
Josep morancho answered ·

Hi, I want to test if a TS1 level sensor works with my Cerbo and the first problem that I have is that the TS1 level sensor has 3 cables and the tank level connection in the Cerbo has only 2 inputs.

How do I have to connect the 3 TS1 cables to the Cerbo?

Thanks

img-7317.png

img-7317.png (611.2 KiB)
2 |3000