Doron Azulay avatar image
Doron Azulay asked

from 70% to 10% SOC at once

hi everyone , i have :
200ah 12 lifepo4 x2 batteries on my boat
victron multiplus 12/1600/70
victron bmv 712
victron gx touch
last time i used my boat was about 10 days about, when i left it it was showing 100% soc, according to the voltage history it showed 13.3v back then
i have a daily consumption of about 12a per day from a gsm router that is working there 24/7
boat is on a drystack so no solar or any shorepower on there
since i left the SOC was going down a bit every day as shown the graph
but tonight the S0C went down from 70ish to 10% , which of course triggered the alarm.
trying to understand why this happened ?
i was told by the dealer i should only look at the voltage and not the SOC , and that the battery hasnt been full in the last 30 days .
where is the issue here then ?
should my battery reach 14v when full ?
i charged it up fully and its showing 100% SOC now and voltage is 13.5v
reason im asking is if my batteries are 200ah each, so 400each as they are in parrallel , then 12a a day should be around 120ah less until today, so still should be very far from even 50% capacity, what am i missing here ? am i looking at this wrong ?
SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
H.W.Oelofse avatar image
H.W.Oelofse answered ·

It may be useful to look at the settings of your BMV and see that they are correct for your battery type. Low level loads are particularly hard to monitor particularly when using lithium batteries as the discharge curve is so flat. And they can tend to drop voltage very suddenly at the end of their discharge curve. It would be interesting to see what the BMV says about how many ah were consumed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic