question

bertie-bezuidenhout avatar image
bertie-bezuidenhout asked

Integrating Non Victron MPPT Into Cerbo GX

My current solar energy installation consists of a Victron MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100, a Cerbo GX, a SmartShunt 500A and non-Victron 150/100 MPPT.

The 150/100 MPPT has a RS232 connection which is then connected to a RS232 to RS485 converter and then to a web logger from where the data is uploaded to a proprietary website. The data being uploaded is the following: panel voltage, panel current, battery voltage, battery current and status (whether the MPPT is in boost or float sate).

I wish to get this data fed into the Cerbo GX so that I have one platform showing me the entire status of the solar energy system.

I would appreciate any suggestions except to spend a substation amount of money to replace the MPPT with a Victron MPPT.

cerbo gxBMV Battery Monitormodificationsrs485
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Cerbo GX product page

GX family product range

Cerbo GX & GX Touch datasheet

Cerbo GX Manual

Venus root access document

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.