question

Steve Preston avatar image
Steve Preston asked

Acceptable operating temperature for Cerbo GX

I live in Las Vegas and have a Cerbo GX installed in my camper that is in my driveway. I have been running tests for a few weeks and I am concerned about the operating temperature of the Cerbo GX.

Currently, I have a temperature sensor, p/n ASS000001000, as input #1. It is mounted on top of the Cerbo and it's held in place with electrical tape. While monitoring it, I have noticed that it runs about 10-15 degF hotter than ambient. My question is what is an acceptable high temperature limit for it? I have an alarm set for it @ 46 degC / 115 degF and that has triggered several times this week. Should I be concerned about temperature near 115-125 degF and add some type of fan to cool it or are these temps ok?

cerbogx-temps-20210519-25.png

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Ranger Rocko,

according to the specs operating temperature range is -20° up to 50°C. That's max. 122° Fahrenheit.

I would make sure that the device gets some extra fan cooling, controlled by your temp sensor, to extend the range.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The datasheet says -20 to +50°C idk what this is in F
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Cerbo-GX--GX-Touch-50-EN.pdf

Edit: Stefanie was a few seconds faster :)

2 |3000

Steve Preston avatar image
Steve Preston answered ·

@Stefanie & @Matthias Lange - DE

Crap, I am one who adheres to RTFM and totally missed that on the 2-page datasheet. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I will decide on a final install location for the Cerbo based on cooling needs and install a fan of some sort.

2 |3000