question

cabezonbd avatar image
cabezonbd asked

Cerbo VE CAN Bus Question

Hello

I am building a 4 separate DIY LFP battery system. I will be using 4 "Non Victron" BMS modules for each battery. I have a Cerbo unit for numerous monitor and control functions. I have the BMS (REC BMS) units configured as a VE-CAN bus for input to the Cerbo. The Cerbo device only has 2 VE-Can Bus input slots. Currently I have 2 LFP batteries built but will build 2 more. The Cerbo toggles the 2 VE-Can bus devices to display the status of each battery.

Is it possible to configure and display 2 additional VE-Can Bus devices? How do I do that, both wiring the VE-Can bus cables and Cerbo set up parameters?

Thank you for any advice.

cerbo gx
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Moved to "Modifications" Space for non-Victron-supported systems.

0 Likes 0 ·
cabezonbd avatar image cabezonbd Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

This is really a Cerbo question...perhaps you know?

is it possible to bring in more than 2 VE-Can Bus inputs into the Cerbo?

Wouldn't that be best answered in the Main Stream Questions?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @CabezonBD

REC has products that do this for you, basically every battery has an 'CMU' (Cell Management Unit), and they connect to a BMU (Battery Management Unit) that communicates with the GX device.

Best to talk to REC on how to make this work for you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic