question

fei avatar image
fei asked

Please help, Tank lever sensor with Venus on RPI 3b+

I have follow all the steps below and I still could not get the analogy device in the device list. Would appreciate if anybody could help point me to the right direction

My setup

Raspberry pi 3b+ with expander pi

Firmware 2.51/2.66/2.70

Have not hock up with tank level sensor yet.

Status

No device showing up on device list

No iio folder under /sys/bus

Steps I followed

1 copy the DTB file over from here https://github.com/aaronsb/victronvenussupport/blob/master/mcp3208-overlay.dtb and save into /u-boot/overlays on the RPI. -> OK done

2 add line: dtoverlay=mcp3208:spi0-0-present to file /u-boot/config.txt -> OK done

3 opkg install kernel-module-mcp320x -> got message: No packages installed or removed.

=> opkg list-installed pointed out that kernel-module-mcp320x-4.9.80 was already installed.

4 Rebooted

5 copy manually contents of dbus-adc.zip to /opt/victronenergy correct path should be /opt/victronenergy/dbus-adc not /opt/victronenergy/dbus-adc/dbus-adc!

6 chmod 755 /opt/victronenergy/dbus-adc/start-adc.sh -> OK

chmod 755 /opt/victronenergy/dbus-adc/dbus-adc -> OK

chmod 755 /opt/victronenergy/dbus-adc/service/run -> OK

chmod 755 /opt/victronenergy/dbus-adc/log/run -> Path seems to be wrong changed to /opt/victronenergy/dbus-adc/service/log/run => OK!

touch /var/log/dbus-adc -> OK

ln -s /opt/victronenergy/dbus-adc/service /service/dbus-adc -> OK

7 Reboot

8 Various tanks are now reported on the "Mobile Page" and 5 new items appeared in the Device List.

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers