question

escapade-nawlins avatar image
escapade-nawlins asked

2 of everything from solar panel to MPPT to smart sensor and batteries....Will it work

Until I buy the rest of my system I want to use 2 separate sets each to charge 2-250 amp AGM batteries ...

Each system will have 1- 200W panel with 1 smart 75/15 BT MPPT with 1 smart battery sense unit for each battery. Can I make a network for each MPPT, smart battery sensor for each battery, just by setting up separate networks ...

Will they work as separate networks or will I have problems confusing and controlling each MPPT for each battery separately?

The reason being is the last owner cooked the batteries with a Ferro resonant charger and I am switching to some Victron equipment for the inverter charger but in the meantime wanted to be able to use the boat till I can rewire and put in new equipment as the project goes on...so how not to cook the batteries I was going to use the small solar and MPPT to keep the batteries fresh.

VE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
rodneyab avatar image
rodneyab answered ·

Each MPPT will function separately. You enter each MPPT data into your device list on your smart phone. be sure and photograph the data label on the back of MPPT before hard mounting it. One or the other MPPT, or Both, can function without confusion to the other.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

escapade-nawlins avatar image escapade-nawlins commented ·

Thanks, I was worried that one MPPT would at random use the temp sensor or the wrong one would use info from the wrong temp sensor....

Like the take a pic of the label before you mount it...LOL...You know I would have screwed it in then bitched as I had to unscrew it...LOL

Again Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual