question

electricfarm avatar image
electricfarm asked

Easysolar 48 5000va no AC display or LEDs

I've purchased the above mentioned unit that is near new and less than a year old. Unfortunately the display, AC, and LEDs are showing no signs of life.

The charge controller is working well and I can log in via the app. Batteries on float.

I've tried to follow the chain of resellers to try and raise this with Victron, but it is a very slow to and fro email process to find the company that sold this unit.

I've sent an email asking for support from Victron but havent heard back for several days. Can anyone help me with fault diagnosis, or a warranty claim please.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @Electricfarm

Have you checked the D.C. fuse inside the unit? Also something to try if the fuse is good, unplug the Ve.Bus RJ45 cable that connects to the color control, and see if the inverter starts up on its own. This is located on the left above the AC input and output connections so be careful to make sure there is no power before working there.

For support, why not contact the place you bought it from? Surely as a reseller they are supposed to assist you?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

electricfarm avatar image electricfarm commented ·

Disconnecting the rj45 worked. Thank you.

Tested power to the colour control and there was wasn't any. Located the mini in line fuse holder behind the board. Undid its lug at the DC terminals and fed it out at the bottom of the board the be able to undo the holder. The fuse looked fine, but there was there was no continuity. Replaced the 250v 1a fuse and the display now works.

Still no LEDs illuminated for the charger next to the power switch. One LED for the inverter showing inverter on. Would the dial next to the ve direct cable on the charge controller need to be set? Currently on 2.

0 Likes 0 ·
max-herron avatar image max-herron electricfarm commented ·

I'm a newbe here and with my Easy 5000. When mine is solar charging and inverting there are no ac led's lit unless there is ac input we're off grid so nun from there. when I hooked up genny some led's cant remember which ones came on

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The EasySola is basically a MultiPlus and MPPT together in one case.

The three yellow LEDs are part of the MultiPlus and have nothing to do with the MPPT. Those three LEDs only show charging via an AC input.

To see what the MPPT is doing you need the VictronConnect app or you have to look at the Color Control GX/Remote console via LAN or VRM.

2 |3000